Sunday, March 30, 2008

Released

I was released as the education counselor in the RS today. I find myself with a bit of a hole. Maybe it's because I wasn't immediately called to anything--so I find myself looking at the ward and what's opened up and wondering where I'll go next. The primary music leader is open. I really, really hope I'm not called to do that. I do that every day at work. Achievement Days leaders are also open. That scares me because it's girls. I don't always do well with girls. But maybe that's what I need to learn. The bishop told me not to get too comfortable.

I'm also a little sad because I feel like I've lost a group. Now I don't have a little group of girls to "play" with. I'm glad that I got to have that calling. It gave me a chance to climb out from behind the organ or piano and really get to know the sisters in the ward. I guess the challenge now will be to stay out from behind the organ and keep those relationships alive. That's sometimes hard for me--especially when things are hard at home--but I really want to try to keep my wings spread. It'll be interesting to see where I'm called next. With conference next week, I've got a couple of weeks to "relax." :-)

No comments: