Saturday, April 12, 2008
Almost Back to Normal
Well, the new carpet is laid--not without major trauma beforehand as usual. It was approved on Wednesday and they wanted to come Friday. James's birthday was Thursday, so we pushed it back to today. So, of course, we were still not prepared by Friday after school. Friday night became a night of packing and moving and cleaning out and taking apart bunk beds and all sorts of stuff. And of course, it always entails arguments and frustration and fighting. I don't think I would've survived without the help of two great friends. They came over and just jumped in and started moving stuff. Of course, now it's all stacked on two tables in the kitchen and we're so exhausted that we haven't seen fit to start putting stuff back yet. But, I've rested now and I guess it's time to tackle the stack. We're planning to move in 3 months, so I plan (note the word plan) to purge as I move stuff back. My trash cans are already full and the trash doesn't get picked up until Thursday. But the carpet is down and hopefully we can get back to some semblance of normalcy around here. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad that you have your new carpet...I didn't really do that much, but "taking breaks" with you is just what I needed... :-)
Post a Comment