Sunday, May 4, 2008

Changes Abound

They formed a new stake today. I kinda figured it was coming--especially with the tri-stake conference today with general authorites and everything! So they formed the Frisco, Texas stake--and put us in it! Ok...I didn't see that one coming. I really thought we would stay in our stake. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it yet. This is a new experience for me. When our ward split a couple of years ago, that was also a new experience. I had no idea I was in for so many new experiences around here.

So, I'll get to see what it's like to form a new stake. All the positions that have to be filled! Will our scouts change councils? (I'm betting so.)

It was also fun to see old friends today. We were in the Denton stake when I joined the church--and that's where Richard grew up--so it was fun to see friendly faces. I laughed when I realized that I personally knew more people in the newly called Denton Stake Presidency than in my own! LOL I think it's going to be hard at first, but the more I think about it and mull it over and just let it *be,* the more it feels right. Now all we need is a stake building! :-)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ok, so I just read your post about the new stake...It is really funny how similar they are...(I posted before I read yours...)

I pretty much guessed everything down the the stake presidents....

I was a bit blind-sided by us being with Frisco.

Guess we'll see how it goes, huh?