It's amazing to me how 4-day weeks can seem so LONG! Why is that? I shouldn't complain too much though because it's been a really good start to the school year. My classes are going well--the curriculum I began last February is beginning to really pay off. The kids are singing much better and they'll be reading simple rhythms quickly if the pattern holds.
The boys are keeping up so far. We've got a basic routine going in the afternoon: 5:00 homework (that gives them about an hour at home to grab a snack and take a break). They're certainly welcome to do their homework at school while they're waiting the 45 minutes for me to be able to leave, but that doesn't always give them enough time to finish it--especially James. He has to read 20 minutes every night, then write a summary of what he read. It's not that it's hard; it's just time-consuming.
At 7:30 it's time for showers and pick up (although I think we missed the pick up part tonight), then snack and in bed by 8:30. The boys sometimes complain because some of their friends can stay up until 9:00. But then, when I let them, they're whiny and tired. So...back to 8:30 it went. Besides, I'm tired after getting up at 5:30 every morning. I want to go to bed!
So...that's us in a nutshell. Richard's enjoying his job, I'm enjoying mine, the boys are just doing what they're supposed to and really stepping up to help out. And the weekends are made for fun! Life is good.
2 comments:
Sounds like you have a great routine! I'm glad it's working out for you!
It all sounds good! Enjoy your weekend.
Post a Comment