I was so excited to have 1:00 church. Sleeping in, relaxing with the scriptures (or, more honestly, Facebook) while listening to BYU radio.
The problem is that I don't want it to end. I get caught up in reading Mormon mommy blogs or yes, Facebooking (again...when did that become a verb?), and I don't want to get moving into the shower or shout at the boys to start getting ready for church and hearing their joyous cries of, "Yes! Church!!!" (I girl can dream, can't she? For that matter, it's the same problem with the biggest boy of all.)
But today is particularly difficult. It's raining. Pouring, in fact. A hard, spring-type rain with thunder rattling and clouds darkening the house like it's night time. Ahhhh....I love these kinds of mornings. And I'd really rather just stay in my pj's, snuggle under a blanket and read uplifting blogs and scriptures all morning. Really.
Then again, I shouldn't complain too much. I did get to do that for a good portion of the morning. But now it's pushing 10:00 and I should really get in the shower and get my portion of the getting-ready-for-church thing finished so that I can scream at help the children (again, including the biggest child) get moving and dressed and fed and all of those silly things that I'm apparently supposed to do as the mom of the house.
And why is it a "busy day of rest?" Because I've been asked to sub for the organist in sacrament meeting, Chris will have a BYC meeting after (or is it before?) church (I'd better find out about that), the choir is singing in sacrament meeting, we have choir practice immediately after church, and I'm in charge of sharing time.
WHOOPS! That's what I haven't done yet this weekend. Guess I should stop blogging now and get my sharing time done. I'm so thankful for 1:00 church!
1 comment:
Calling it the "day of rest" is a joke isn't it? It's sometimes the busiest day of the week.
Usually, I love it. ;)
Post a Comment