Saturday, October 16, 2010

Crazy Weekend

In an odd way, I've actually enjoyed the weekend. Even though it's been busy, busy, busy. It began with a doctor appointment for Chris right after school yesterday. Well, after my school but had to get him out of school. Took John home, took Chris to the doctor. Got home in time to get the last bit of stuff packed up for James's 11-year-old campout Friday night. Got him to the church and off with his leader. Then home in time to take John to baseball practice. Practice was cut short so we could go home and watch the Texas Rangers in the ALCS. Go Rangers! Got home to find that Richard was already home. Yay! The game was great fun to watch until the 8th inning. Fell apart after that. Booooooo!

I still stayed up late to watch the bitter end. Then up fairly early (for a Saturday) to get John off to a 9:00 baseball game. We actually went a bit early and Richard worked with him on his batting. (Yay again!) It really helped and John had a great game. In three at-bats, he got on base twice by walks and struck out once - but he struck out swinging at a good pitch. Our team played fabulously! Some really good fielding, good hitting...it was a fun morning.

While we were at the game, Chris drove himself to his Region Orchestra auditions. After the game, I went grocery shopping while Richard napped (he is in SO much pain these days - having trouble walking.) Got home and got the groceries put away, traded out some laundry and then took Chris to his jubilee audition. Turns out it wasn't at the Allen Stake Center but got moved to the Melissa building. Only about 20 miles in the opposite direction. ARGH! But we made it and he sang "Luck Be a Lady" much to the judges' delight. It was great to spend a little one-on-one time with him.

He was auditioning for the Texas Jubilee 2011. It looks to be a wild party - Mormon youth style.

Came home to find that James was home. He had a great time. Of all my boys, I think he is the one who actually enjoys scouting. He was dirty and smelly, so that means that he had fun. :-)

It is now 8:44 pm. I have finished, including folded, four loads of laundry. I didn't make dinner because Richard has said that it would be his job on the weekends. Therefore, we had YOYO night. Sigh. I watched the Rangers win game 2. And...I haven't heard any arguing from upstairs. I may have just jinxed myself. I think it's about time I took myself to bed. But Richard just got up, so I should probably spend a little time with him too.

I sure hope tomorrow is a bit less busy. It should be - even on a Sunday. We'll see.

1 comment:

The Crazy Coxes said...

It does sound like a busy weekend but a FUN busy weekend. I love when there are lots of fun things to do!