Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Good Day...

I do love Sundays. I really do. Today was mostly relaxing and enjoyable. A very good testimony meeting. Primary went well. All of our assigned teachers were there. Cub meetings this afternoon - not so fun. But what can you do? Watched a little football, played on Richard's computer. (My laptop got the blue screen of death yesterday and won't reboot. Meh.)

The boys are playing rather nicely. I may be just about to get in my pajamas and go read for the evening. Sounds rather decadent, but tomorrow's Monday, so I should do what I can now.

On the down side, Richard's last day at work will be Wednesday. It was a seasonal/temp position and he just had too many points (for absences) for them to keep him, even though his ratings are through the roof. It's just as well. He didn't really like it and now he can apply for unemployment benefits and spend the days looking for a real job. However, we can't meet our obligations in any way at all. Not sure what to do next. Maybe sit down with the bishop and show him our actual budget and see what he says. Cut off cable? Cell phones? We have contracts on the cell phones, so I don't know about that. And TV? Really? Internet? Ack! I don't know.

But...for now...we have a roof over our heads, food in our pantry, and heat in our home. Those things I can be grateful for and rely on Heavenly Father to provide what we need - and maybe a little bit of what we want.

I'm just gonna go to work tomorrow and be thankful that I have a job. And I will be positive. I will smile.

I spent the last week really working on being more positive and smiling and such. It made a huge difference in the day, I think. That and something called Class Dojo (a techno behavioral chart for my classes.) But the smiling helped for sure. So I'll do it again. And again. And again. And again. And it'll all be okay - somehow.

No comments: