Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So Done!

I'm done. Done cleaning. Done climbing up and down a stepladder. Done wiping down baseboards. Just done. It's probably not perfect. I don't care. I've been cleaning that blasted house for over a week now. I'm done. A sister came over for an hour or so this morning and did the living room window (including blinds--yuck) and baseboards, another window and the front door. I got the rest of the windows done, light bulbs changed out (not leaving my expensive energy-saving bulbs there--that's for sure!), carpet vacuumed and floors mopped. House and garage are empty! Only thing left is for dh to go over and put a new filter in the a/c. DONE! Now--after today--I can concentrate on my new house. I have about three weeks left before I go back to school.

I need to figure out what to do with some of my knick-knack stuff--like water globes. I had a huge wrap-around mantle in my old house. Don't have a big place like that here. Need to get some bookshelves for the office area and get that junk off the floor. And we need to organize the game room better. Dh is putting John's bed together right now, so maybe on Friday he can paint Chris's room. We also need to install the microwave. Got it home and realized that the tile backsplash behind the stove goes all the way up to the hood. So, dh will have to take some of that tile out. Things are never as easy as you think they're going to be, are they?

It's just been so hot. 105 yesterday. Could be a few degrees cooler today, but the humidity is higher. Yuck. Makes you not want to do anything after about noon. Oh well...this house will get put together slowly...and that's okay. It's liveable and presentable, so beyond that...we'll get there. Yay!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That's so great Stacy. Glad you're all done and well into your new home. Now you can relax a bit and take your time getting settled.