I took a group of 40 4th and 5th grade choir students caroling today. We went to two retirement centers and then out to eat lunch at CiCi's. It was a fabulous trip this time. The kids sang very well and behaved amazingly well. Even at CiCi's. Janet and I were pleasantly surprised. We got quite a few compliments from people at both centers and the restaurant. One guy even came up and asked if it would be appropriate to email our principal to tell her what a nice group of young kids we had. Wow!
In thinking about it, I realized that I don't have many, if any really, of the "popular" kids in choir this year. So there's no one who's really spending all their time trying to impress everyone else. It was a great day. This should be a good choir year.
No comments:
Post a Comment