Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Afternoons and Other Musings

I just love Sunday afternoons. Sunday mornings--not so much. But Sunday afternoons--wonderful. Football on TV. It's cold today, so we've got a fire going. I'm in my comfy clothes, sitting in a chair by the fire and just relaxing. I baked some cookies. (Don't get excited--they certainly weren't homemade. They're the break-apart kind. But I don't care. That's about as domestic as I get.) The boys are running around upstairs, but they aren't fighting so I'm not saying anything. It'll quiet down in a bit. Days like this are few and far between, so I'm especially grateful when they come around.

Christmas is this week. Really? This week? Shopping is just about done. *My* shopping is done. Richard just needs to take James out tomorrow. I want to make more fudge. And we're going to have a real Christmas dinner again. For the past several years, we've ordered a deli tray and just snacked all day. But I kinda miss the idea of a real dinner and the boys are old enough now to get out the Christmas plates and make it an occassion. And I think my in-laws will be here. That's the plan anyway.

So...I'll spend the rest of the evening figuring out dinner and just enjoying the relative stillness of the house. With three boys, stillness is certainly relative, but overall it's a very nice afternoon/evening. Tomorrow...I'll get back on the horse and start wrapping presents. But that's tomorrow.

No comments: