Tuesday, December 28, 2010

29 Again!

It's my birthday! I'm 29 again. Ok, not really. I'm really two score plus five. You figure it out.

Overall it was a good birthday. I started the day with a good hour or more of peace and quiet by getting up before anyone else in the house. Always a good present. Then I had an hour-long massage and an adjustment. Ahhhhh!

Then I got my hair cut. Thanks to Elisha for sending an email out about her new studio. And for having an opening this afternoon. And for taking extra "birthday time" to give me a cool new 'do. It'll never look this way again, but it was cool for a day! :-)


She straightened it out and then curled it with a flat iron. It would've been even cooler if I'd gone anywhere the rest of the day besides Kohl's. I scored big at Kohl's - long black skirt, brown sweater and purple sweater all with a gift card. Woo hoo!

Then came the disappointment - which usually seems to come on my birthday. Richard said he wanted to take me out to dinner. So I waited to open presents. I came home and he took a nap after taking some pain meds. I'm trying to be understanding, but he's been in a mood all day today except when he's been asleep. He finally woke up at 7:00. By then it had started raining and was already cold and there were wrecks and traffic all over the place. I gave up. Got into my pj's at 8:00.

At 9:00 he got up and made GF brownies, put some candles on them and they sang "Happy Birthday" and I opened my presents. I got "Apples to Apples Family," "Blokus," and a food processor that I'd forgotten to wrap for Richard for Christmas. I told him he could give it to me for my birthday - but I was really joking. Guess he took me seriously.

So...I should focus on the happy part of the day and not the disappointing part. I should remember that James wished me a happy birthday at 8:30 this morning and over 90 people have wished me a happy birthday on Facebook. The fact that no one else in the family remembered until this afternoon should not bother me.

Well, tonight it does. But I'm sure I'll be over it by tomorrow. Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I think birthdays are like that and I think December birthdays are the worst!!!!! It sounds like some good things happened though! You look cute with your new do!