I haven't posted in forever! And then, when I wanted to post, I couldn't get my background to look right. My Halloween background stayed along with the Christmas banners. Looked really funky and was driving me nuts. Hopefully I've got it fixed now. So...to update....
Richard has been off of work since November 10th. His back hurt so badly that he just couldn't function without terrorizing kids and adults alike. He's been on major painkillers that didn't do anything to help. So yesterday, he had surgery. They removed two pieces of broken disc that were pressing on the nerve. His leg already feels better. He's still in a great deal of pain from the surgery, but I'm keeping him doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxers, so he's sleeping most of it off. We went for a walk tonight - just like his doctor said to.
Chris has had a rough fall, but things are starting to get better. He's doing well in school and scored very well on both his PSAT and his SAT. He's working hard to get back to where he used to be outside of the classroom and I appreciate the growth he's showing. His dad and I are learning quite a bit too.
James is enjoying 6th grade. He's having some of the same difficulties that Chris had in middle school - turning in work, turning in work, turning in work. But he's making friends and likes to go to the dances. I have got to remember to get him a new bow over the holiday! He's been borrowing one since before Thanksgiving! Sigh.
John is still very up and down. He's struggling with his reading and is going to Saturday School to help him pass the TAKS test this year. He's doing much better with his emotions though - especially since we discovered how much he loves going to The Royal Brush. It's a ceramic-painting place and he has absolutely fallen in love with it. After the first session, he was flying high for a good five days. It was so great to see him happy! And at anywhere from $5-$25 per piece, it's cheaper than therapy. :-)
Overall, it's been a really crappy fall. But Christmas is this week and, by golly, we're going to have a good one. We're getting together at Judith's tomorrow night for the Dallas Martins get-together. Then it'll be just our family over the Christmas weekend. This is a good thing. Maybe I can get back in to blogging with the start of the new year. All I've wanted to do is slug around for most of the fall. But my hormones are back working again, I've got a new doctor and gotten my other prescriptions back going, so hopefully I'll be back to normal.
Now...if the van breaks down again...I just might have myself committed.
No comments:
Post a Comment