Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Calling

I got a new calling today. Richard and I both did. We're going to be working together as...





ward missionaries! It's kind of exciting. I've never had this calling before. When I get called as a pianist somewhere or chorister or choir director--or even primary teacher--it's kinda, I don't know, normal? Nothing surprising or anything like that. But ward missionary? This is all new. Richard was called as one too, so we'll be working together. And our friend is the ward mission leader so we'll be working with him and his wife. Not surprising. She and I are joined at the hip when it comes to callings.
Richard got a really insightful blessing at his setting-apart today. It was a really, really good day. I can feel myself hoping that this is the start of a new chapter. Every time I hope that, things go back to the way they were. But there's more to it this time. I have help. We have help.
So...would you like to know more? ;-)

3 comments:

Mom M. said...

You Go Girl..and Guy!!! How wonderful..I am happy you two will be working with Suz & Allen.

Suanne's Mom..LOIS

The Crazy Coxes said...

I am really excited for you Stacy. Never ever give up hope! You are an inspiration. You always look for the good and hope for the best! Keep the faith!

Missty said...

Very cool! Somethig new and different.