Thursday, January 1, 2009

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve

Or should I say "what *did* you do New Year's Eve?" This is what we did. Most of us. The teenager went to the stake dance. First he said his YM pres would be picking him up. Then yesterday he said that he would need a ride to the church. Then his YM prez shows up at 8 (thirty mins earlier than he said he needed to be at the church) to pick him up. I'm all worried that Chris isn't ready, but he comes leaping down the stairs ready to go--in appropriate attire. So as they're walking to the door, YM prez says, "Is your friend coming?" Um, excuse me? Friend? Now, really...what better place for my 15 yo to bring his kinda-sorta-girlfriend than a church dance for New Year's Eve? I didn't mind that. I minded not having any clue that he was even inviting her! Yes, we'll be chatting about that later today. But after he was gone, the rest of us had a fun night. First with this....The Harry Potter Scene It? game. Mimi and Poppi gave it to the younger boys for Christmas. It was pretty cool. James and I won--mainly because I can't stand losing even to my children. When I figure out what the name is on the screen, I have to shout it out. I can't help myself. And I *know* the HP movies pretty darn well, so we had fun. Because James won, well really *I* won, but he was on my team, so...okay. Anyway, because James won, we let John pick the movie to get us to midnight. He picked...

Not exactly a holiday movie--and I might've chosen a later one, but it was still good. Even if I did doze through most of the last third or so. But we made it til midnight, toasted with Martinelli's and sent everyone off to bed happy. Richard was even nice enough to stay up and wait for Chris. Later today will be the traditional New Year's Day "thing"--taking down Christmas decorations, watching the Rose Parade, watching football, and eating all kinds of snacks! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


1 comment:

{amy} said...

We watched HP 4 & 5 this vacation....can't go wrong with Harry Potter! Happy New Year and good luck with your teenager!